Supertails: A petcare startup successfully raised around $15 million


Supertails is a Bengaluru-based startup that focuses on products and services related to pet care. The startup has been able to raise around $15 million, which is Rs. 125 crore, in its equity fund. This was led by RPSG Capital Ventures. However, the existing investors in the company are Fireside Ventures, DSG, Sauce VC, along with Saama Capital. 

About Supertails

The company, Supertails, was founded in 2021 by Sadana, Aman Tekriwal, along with Vineet Khanna. Supertails is all about offering a great variety of pet supplies like toys, accessories, online veterinary consultations, training services, pharmacies for pets, etc. across the country. The company offers its products and services in more than 18000 pin codes.

Supertails operates via its website. It generates around 70% of its revenue from food as well as food-related products. Whereas, the rest of the 30% of revenue is generated from non-food products along with 10% of its healthcare business revenue.

As per Sadana, ‘products involving pharmacy, high-quality non-toys as well as accessories are offered by the company. All of it sells a lot and brings in the profitability of the company.

The plans related to the raised funds 

The company plans to use the funds for offline expansion. Also, the company is planning to scale up its product range, acquire new customers, as well as expand its healthcare services called Supertails Pharmacy.

The company is also planning to launch its trail stores in most of the metropolitan as well as Tier-1 cities such as Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Mysore, etc. At present, the company has no physical retail stores.

As per the cofounder of Supertails, Varun Sadana, ‘We will have to ponder various stores in different locations of the country. In the upcoming two quarters, the idea of the company is to have around 5-7 stores. After being able to crack the model, we will plan to have around 25 stores in the next two years.’

The company is planning to close fiscal year 2023 with revenue of around Rs 100 crore. As per regulatory filings with the RoC, the company is experiencing Rs. 33 crore in operating revenue for fiscal year 2023. However, the net loss of the company is Rs. 30 crore.

Supertails spent around Rs.12.5 core and even more of its operating revenue for marketing during the year.

Other investors in Supertails 

The company has other angel investors such as Cred founder of Kunal Shah, Mamaearth’s cofounder along with CEO Varun Alagh. Supertails is aiming to hit around Rs.500 crore in its ARR in the upcoming two years. As per Sadana, Supertails is currently clocking around Rs.120 crore in its annual revenue run rate.

According to Abhishek Goenka of RPSG Capital, ‘With increasing disposable income as well as the pet parenthood trend, this industry holds great potential in the future.’

2 thoughts on “Supertails: A petcare startup successfully raised around $15 million

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *